10 year Anniversary!
The Clawson Architects’ Blog “Editorial Comment on Residential Architecture and being an Architect by M. René Clawson 511 Valley Street Maplewood NJ 973 313 2724” is about to turn 10 years old. I am reminded when reviewing my website annalytics.
What began on Blog Spot with my first post in December of 2009 is now part of our website. Blogging was encouraged by a Business Coach that was leading a Self Employed Small Business Advisory Board that I was part of. Team Clawson met this new blogging idea with much skepticism at the time. So you can imagine how happy I am to learn from callers how informative and useful they have found it when planning their projects….so, if you are planning a project, you may just want to check them out!
The 10 most popular blog posts according to my “analytics” are:
9. What Color is That? How to select the perfect paint color The one Blog I wish was mandatory reading before anyone on Houzz is permitted to ask a question.
Coming in at #8…the first blog I ever wrote…
8. AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BC+C, ID=C, O=M, ND, CID, RA…What is it whit Architects and the Alphabet Soup after their names. BTW…each letter takes time, course work and money to earn and takes time, course work and money to keep.
7. Understanding Architectural Drawings A must Read for those taking on a project.
6. Public Service Announcement-Post Construction Fire and Carbon Monoxide Detectors I learned a lot from this crazy experience with no “real penalty” and I hope it will save you heart ache and diaster as well as the call to 911.
5. Client Empathy Blog #10 Empathy or Compassion – What Clients really need. Clue “C” is the right answer.
4. 20 Questions the AIA says you should ask your Architect (Answered) …the American Institute of Architects recommends that people considering professional architectural services ask the architects they are interviewing these 20 questions. I have made it easy…not a whole lot has changed about the way we do business since I wrote this in June of 2010…I think I may take a look and refine…but here it is in its original glory.
3. Client Empathy Blog #11 What do the last quarter, the last inning and the last weeks of construction have in common? This Series “Client Empathy” is our personal journey and emotionalal tell all about the experience of designing and living through our own home renovation project.
2. Typical Dimensions for a Home Design: Architecture by Numbers Your may want to print this, and take it with you when you go house shopping or shopping for a house.
and the #1 MOST POPULAR BLOG POST is…..
So those are the top 10 most read Blogs…from January 1, 2018-August 2, 2019 from my 10 years of Blogging my thoughts.
20 Year Anniversary!
What is the the 20 years?….Well we are 5 months away from, 2020 marking the OFFICAL FORMATION of Clawson Architects as an LLC. It is so hard to believe that we are embarking on that milestone. So 2020 will be a big year for us.
Yes, that is correct. Marvin and I have been partners in this endevor for quite some time. One of the biggest questions people have for us is: “How do you work together?” followed by “I could never work with my spouse.” To that we note that our practice as a professional team has eclipsed our time in practice with others…by about 2x. Because we are both Architects and Interior Designers, we can offer that Male + Female perspective and clearly…it’s working.
30 Year Anniversary? —is only a month away!
…This anniversary is closer than the other two…On September 9, 2019…Marvin and I will Celebrate 30 years of marriage. So CHEERS to us!